Rustymayes

RVF VIP
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Fulltimer
No
I have a 2022 Dutch Star 4081 on a Frieghtliner chassis. It's been a year and a half and we have only put about 4000 miles of our own on it. It has a total of 7000 and change on it. I finally got around to doing some preventative MX after my major issue with the FWS. Figuring out which oil and fuel filters for the engine and generator was easy enough and I got those taken care of. Now I would like to replace the air filter and look into the air brake desiccant filter. I have the freightliner owners and maintenance manual but it does not seem to have a service parts chart or table to use. Do I need to call freightliner and have them just look up the parts by serial number? The MX manual shows the various types of equipment such as Brake desiccant assemblies that may be installed but I have no Idea as the type I have. I image this is a good reason to take one of the courses offered but I am not in a position to do that. Happy to hear what you guys that do your own work do to find parts.
Rusty Mayes

Try giving Freightliner Custom Chassis (Gaffney, SC) PARTS a call and see what they can do to help you. Also creating an account on Cummins Quickserve is a good idea to find parts info.

Thanks Neal, I will do that. I actually think I have a Cummins account from when I had my 44 foot Sea Ray with two 500 HP Cummins. I don't know why I did not make the connection there sooner.

I have a 2022 Dutch Star 4081 on a Frieghtliner chassis. It's been a year and a half and we have only put about 4000 miles of our own on it. It has a total of 7000 and change on it. I finally got around to doing some preventative MX after my major issue with the FWS. Figuring out which oil and fuel filters for the engine and generator was easy enough and I got those taken care of. Now I would like to replace the air filter and look into the air brake desiccant filter. I have the freightliner owners and maintenance manual but it does not seem to have a service parts chart or table to use. Do I need to call freightliner and have them just look up the parts by serial number? The MX manual shows the various types of equipment such as Brake desiccant assemblies that may be installed but I have no Idea as the type I have. I image this is a good reason to take one of the courses offered but I am not in a position to do that. Happy to hear what you guys that do your own work do to find parts.
Rusty Mayes
Call Don at Sacramento Truck Center - RV service dept. They also have a good parts dept and the counter guys there know their stuff. Also the prices there are better than any I’ve found elsewhere.

Rusty, Any Freightliner shop can use the last 6 digits of your VIN to access Parts Pro. It filters parts for those specific to your coach. A lot of times…it’s a great way to find the parts you need in the road. However, not all are “Oasis” dealers… so, finding motorhome specific parts can be difficult at the shops that just deal with the OTR tractors…

There are a lot of truck part vendors online. Unfortunately, service is hit or miss..lams shipping can be outrageous at some of these online shops. I can find a lot of items in eBAY and Amazon as well.

As Neal said…Cummins Quick Serve

Also DTNA site…you can register as an owner/operator…. has line to all the manuals online, chassis wiring, parts Excelerator…

But, if you are near Gaffney the FCCC shop has a good selection of parts… and the Tampa RV Supershow has always had a Freightliner Parts Store on wheels at the show.

You may find that some of the Freightliner Parts numbers have changed recently…. I don’t know why they did this…but in particular the Air Dryer parts have been renumbered…and the fuel/water separator element cartridge number changed too… but when they look up your VIN…they can see the old and new part numbers on the references.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back