• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

dmfields

RVF Newbee
Hi all,

Looking at a Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition that has blackout roller shades throughout the entire coach except for the bedroom which has a windshield. Provides great light during the day, but has a black, translucent light filtering shade that pulls down, but it's not full blackout like the rollers. Just curious if anyone has had any issues with the bedroom not being dark enough and/or figured out a good workaround to keep the bedroom dark, without having a shade hanging over your head? Given the shape of the curve of the window, the included shade that pulls down is great, it's just not as black as the rest. Any feedback, thoughts, would be welcomed

thanks!

I had the same problem in my class A. None of the window shades were close to dark enough. I took all the factory blinds out and went to lowes for a bunch of the pull down style on a roller, the blackout model. That's what I've been using for several years with great luck. For the windshield, get some of that silver bubble type of material they use for the portable window shades in your car and cut it to size. Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back