RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana LE
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Rubicon
I am probably in the minority but I bought into the hype of the Blackstone Grill and I found that isn't much difference between the Blackstone grill and using a hot plate or electric grill. I missed the flavor of a pellet grill or the taste of cooking on the propane. Another thing I like is with my Pellet Grill or my propane grill has easier cleanup after coooking. Blackstone is just not for me.

I’m still using mine but I miss a grill. The BS is what we have in the RV. Thinking of adding a grill. We had a small charcoal grill I had for years and I miss it kept in the RV. BS is a nice way to cook, somethings.

This past trip was about grill selection. I let my Coleman roadtrip go, it is essentially a griddle with iron plates instead of a grill. I bought a small masterchef grill which I've enjoyed, it does basic propane grilling. I also carried my weber charcoal grill for steaks at times as I love charcoal for steaks and burgers. I didn't use the blackstone once. I like it for longer stays and when I eat bacon and fish which I didn't cook much this trip (didn't have bacon at all due to diet).

The difference, I believe, in griddles is the cast iron surface, is it level, and how hot does it get. The 17" blackstone wasn't that great for me, single burner had its limitations. The 22" has 2 burners and gets much hotter which I like. I just haven't done the griddle thing for a while.

@Neal what weber charcoal grill do you carry? Did you mean masterbuilt instead of master chef for the propane?

Sam's Club has a 22-inch griddle that is a knock off the older Blackstone model for $90 including a (surprisingly good) cover. Gets very hot and has been hit with us.

Members Mark Griddle

Latest resources

Back