Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wr Sahara
Fulltimer
No
I have an appt for an annual checkup Aug 9 at Newmar. Well while Cummins was addressing a DEF issue here in CA they ran the back of the coach into the "Dyno". Turns out it wasnt just a scratch. There are many from top to bottom. No dents but many that can't be buffed out. They said they knew it was going to be costly but they would cover it. UGH! So question is has anyone had bodywork done there? Do they hire out for this or do they do it? I can't get over this!

Take a picture and email to [email protected]. I dinged a basement door, they replaced it including the paint work. You can do this at Newmar or some dealers such as NIRVC I believe can do it. So yes, if you go to Newmar they will do it in their paintshop, etc. The time has to be allocated to your appointment so you need to act fast. The estimate will have to be signed and then scheduled with Phil Stilley.

Take a picture and email to [email protected]. I dinged a basement door, they replaced it including the paint work. You can do this at Newmar or some dealers such as NIRVC I believe can do it. So yes, if you go to Newmar they will do it in their paintshop, etc. The time has to be allocated to your appointment so you need to act fast. The estimate will have to be signed and then scheduled with Phil Stilley.
Thanks so much Neal. Man with many answers!

They have a paint shop at the factory. They repainted my mirror after I, uuhhhmmmm, met with a narrow toll booth. Shhhh. Don’t tell anybody. This is embarrassking.?

They have a paint shop at the factory. They repainted my mirror after I, uuhhhmmmm, met with a narrow toll booth. Shhhh. Don’t tell anybody. This is embarrassking.?
Your secret is safe with me!

Had some work done on our 2017 DS which got some damage on the lower passenger side of rear cap. This was fiberglass and knew fiberglass can be tricky to repair if not experienced. Newmar first thought was to just replace the rear cap thinking it would be cheaper, but got a quote for repair which was very close to replacement of cap. I decided to have repaired and looked great when finished.

You mentioned they back coach into Dyno so am assuming impact somewhere on rear cap which flexes a tremendous amount. Be sure to fully inspect the adjacent areas thoroughly. I wouldn’t hesitate to have Newmar repair, good luck.

Attachments

• 1923DD30-A7F1-4B3E-96FD-1BF07E3E2A47.jpeg
    1923DD30-A7F1-4B3E-96FD-1BF07E3E2A47.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 17
Had some work done on our 2017 DS which got some damage on the lower passenger side of rear cap. This was fiberglass and knew fiberglass can be tricky to repair if not experienced. Newmar first thought was to just replace the rear cap thinking it would be cheaper, but got a quote for repair which was very close to replacement of cap. I decided to have repaired and looked great when finished.

You mentioned they back coach into Dyno so am assuming impact somewhere on rear cap which flexes a tremendous amount. Be sure to fully inspect the adjacent areas thoroughly. I wouldn’t hesitate to have Newmar repair, good luck.
Yours was much worse. Nothing on the sides. Deep scratches into paint but a lot can be buffed out. No fiberglass involved thank goodness but a mess top to bottom! We will have Newmar do it for sure.

As others have said, Newmar will do an excellent job in the factory paint shop if you tell them so there is time. We had the front cap seam delaminate.
The Tech caught it on inspection and covered the repair during an annual maintenance appointment a couple of years ago. Did a great job.

Latest resources

Back