Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

pigpigsparadise

RVF Regular
I have a 2020 25FBLS Microlite with 2x750 amp 12-volt batteries. I can only get 3 days and 2 nights out of them before they are down to 1/3 power.
We are very conservative with battery usage, 1 shower, minimal lights on and barely running the heat. Our old TT had a single 450amp and we could get the same time usage before it went to 1/3, what is the issue I am having?????
Batteries are 9 months old and were fully charged.

First of all, where did you find 750 amp batteries?I thiink you may be confusing amps with cca. The batteries you have may well be Marine/RV duel use batteries which have approximately 75 amps of power. Since you should not go below 50% discharge you are actually left with about 40 amps of power.

Give us the name and type of battery you are using and we can give you a better answer to your problem.

First of all, where did you find 750 amp batteries?I thiink you may be confusing amps with cca. The batteries you have may well be Marine/RV duel use batteries which have approximately 75 amps of power. Since you should not go below 50% discharge you are actually left with about 40 amps of power.

Give us the name and type of battery you are using and we can give you a better answer to your problem.
Sorry for the slow reply, right they are 730 CCA: worldwide DC24MF.
Trying to determine what type of batteries to get in order to boondock for 4 to 5 days without worrying about them going dead..
is it cheaper to get a small generator or to go with twin 6v? or to purchase better 12v that will last.

I have a 2020 25FBLS Microlite with 2x750 amp 12-volt batteries. I can only get 3 days and 2 nights out of them before they are down to 1/3 power.
We are very conservative with battery usage, 1 shower, minimal lights on and barely running the heat. Our old TT had a single 450amp and we could get the same time usage before it went to 1/3, what is the issue I am having?????
Batteries are 9 months old and were fully charged.
Are you comparing apples to apples between your former RV and your current one? Is everything exactly the same? I'm guessing not. Your new one may draw more power to run the furnace fan, have more hidden draws from things like radios and TVs (the new ones actually draw electrical power when turned off), etc.

Getting "3 days and 2 nights" without a recharge actually seems pretty good to me for a RV with just two 12V batteries. I'm thinking it is time for either a small generator to charge your batteries every couple of days or a solar panel array on the roof to accomplish the same.

Good luck.

TJ.

Latest resources

Back