• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Boondock & Work, with dogs?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well prices are falling off a cliff so could be a good time to buy.

I am leaning towards a 22-24' Class C.
I was thinking of when I boondocked in Escondido, CA during my Masters for about a year. Towing a trailer, similar in size to the Casita, around town, parking at school, at a mall, going to eat... was a major PIA. It made me longer than a 22' Class C and much less maneuverable.

In addition, if anything gets sketchy and I need to book it, in a trailer I have to go out into the issue to get to the car. I had this happen once with a psycho woman pounding on my door and screaming that she was going to skin me alive and light me on fire. Good ole' CA, even away from LA!!!

I think that, if traveling, the Casita/trailer is great, but when I have to drive it everywhere while working it's a nightmare. And also really too small for me an two dogs in what could be a year of full-timing while having to work.

If I can get a cheap enough used one, then the payments can be low enough that I can afford to park it in the KOA for extended periods too.
Wow! You know you're not supposed to piss off your ex right? I do understand the Escondido thing! Never did much parking lot camping! Don't think I would in Cali in the first place (much to the inhabitants joy there)!!!

It can be just as trying with a motorhome. Just remember on a budget cheaper RVs can leave you without a home if something breaks! A trailer can be towed with a rental truck if needed!

I am happy, you are looking at all the options!!!

Wow! You know you're not supposed to piss off your ex right? I do understand the Escondido thing! Never did much parking lot camping! Don't think I would in Cali in the first place (much to the inhabitants joy there)!!!

It can be just as trying with a motorhome. Just remember on a budget cheaper RVs can leave you without a home if something breaks! A trailer can be towed with a rental truck if needed!

I am happy, you are looking at all the options!!!
Yeah I am thinking about the cheaper RV risks etc. as well as having to leave my home for repairs if the engine/trans etc has an issue. Thing is, I can;t tow a trailer much bigger than a casita or R Pod. With a C, I'd get more space. Still figuring this out.

Latest resources

Back