Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Boondocking isn't what it used to be...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joe Hogan

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 4311
RV Length
Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Modern Communing with nature.,,,hmmm
. boondocking starlink.jpg

There are a lot of good reasons to stay in communication, whether its so folks can get in touch with us, or the ability for us to make contact if necessary from a remote location. I don’t stream anything, but I have Starlink and it provides a lot of peace of mind. It‘s fairly new (got it in May) and I haven’t used it much, but I have noticed that I am more comfortable spending extended periods of time in areas I would otherwise be out of contact. So I think this has increased the likelihood that I will do more boondocking.

There are a lot of good reasons to stay in communication, whether its so folks can get in touch with us, or the ability for us to make contact if necessary from a remote location. I don’t stream anything, but I have Starlink and it provides a lot of peace of mind. It‘s fairly new (got it in May) and I haven’t used it much, but I have noticed that I am more comfortable spending extended periods of time in areas I would otherwise be out of contact. So I think this has increased the likelihood that I will do more boondocking.
I totally agree. So many unexpected things can happen when you are in a remote area all alone. I predict in time technologies like Starlink and solar hybrid RV systems will increase the movement to boondock. So much better than a KOA.

It’s funny how 15 or so years ago you just called a friend or family where you’re going and when you got back and that was it.

Latest resources

Back