RV Make
Fleetwood
RV Model
Expedition 38L
TOW/TOAD
JK Rubicon, KL Trailhawk
Fulltimer
No
We have three (RJ11) telephone ports inside our motorhome and one in the service bay. Had the same in a previous coach. In 20 years of RVing, we've never used them. So today while I'm sipping my morning coffee, a though enters my tiny brain; what could we use these for? There must be something I could re-purpose these for? Any ideas?

They are either for networking or they are part of your inverter setup. For example my Magnum inverter uses RJ11's to connect a battery monitor kit (BMK) and also at auto gen start (AGS) module. If it were me, I'd probably leave it alone :)

Can you trace any of the wires? See if they go to your inverter.

I guess I didn't describe well enough what I have. My motorhome was pre-wired for land line telephone service. There's an RJ11 port at the dash, above the passenger seat and the bedroom. The input is in the service bay where one would plug in from the park...... I can't remember the last time I saw an RV park provide a land line telephone connection. What I'm brainstorming is, could I use this for something else? Maybe convert the RJ11 socket to USB and tap into a 12v power source in the service bay. Can always use three more USB charging sources I guess.

Last edited:
You could use them. What 24awg twisted pair??? Control of some sort.

Latest resources

Back