Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

edereyes

RVF Regular
I just bought this '23 Triumph 34 TSC. Works fine on generator - but when I plug it into shore power, no dice. It should automatically switch over, but it doesn't. Checked the breakers at the fuse box; I'm plugged all the way into the 50 amp line.

Can anyone tell me what's wrong?

I’d say grab the multi-meter and the place to start is at the transfer switch. Also if its a ‘23 it must be under warranty.

You may have something calling for power which is tripping a breaker or preventing the inverter from switching. Listen for your inverter to make a clicking sound when you plug into shore power. It's not switching over if there isn't any clicking sound. I'm sure you know, but plugging into shore power while the main breaker is on in the cabin can ruin the relay in your inverter.

I'm hope this helps.

Swing by the dealer and have them show you how it works.

Swing by the dealer and have them show you how it works.
Also good advice - but I went through a full check-out at the dealer. Luckily, I'm a little more familiar with electrical problems than the average bear. It's been back to the dealer 3 times and it was a series of burnt connectors that caused the issues - mainly control lines.

Also good advice - but I went through a full check-out at the dealer. Luckily, I'm a little more familiar with electrical problems than the average bear. It's been back to the dealer 3 times and it was a series of burnt connectors that caused the issues - mainly control lines.
burnt connectors on….?

Well it's a 23!!! I spoze it could be used!!! But likely not.

So I have a few problems here! One is you appear to have already known the problem before you posted! That said let's move forward.

I stand by what I stated earlier. Take it back to the dealership. On your way back home stop by a litigator that has experience handling cases like the one you are destined to spend a while on!!!

Latest resources

Back