Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TravelingDingo

RVF Newbee
We are looking to buy either a Ford Bronco Bad Lands or Jeep High Tide. Both rode well, quiet, one has more bells than the other, but the other is easier to take top off. Conflicted. Looking for advice from the group. Which would/do you prefer and why?

I have a Wrangler, so probably a bit biased that direction but also think the Bronco's are a nice look. You probably won't find a lot of people who have had both so you'll probably get info on just what people have. I really don't think you can go wrong with either and a year after you buy one of them you won't even think about the other one.

I'd say, get the one that makes you happiest and don't look back whether it's color, bells or ride. Sorry I can't be more help, but the last Bronco I owned was a 1978 and was a very long time ago.

We are looking to buy either a Ford Bronco Bad Lands or Jeep High Tide. Both rode well, quiet, one has more bells than the other, but the other is easier to take top off. Conflicted. Looking for advice from the group. Which would/do you prefer and why?
This is a post from FoMoCo back in 2022. I can't find info as to weather it has been resolved yet but I would do some serious research before choosing the Bronco.

It appears flat towing has issues:
Owners must first place their Bronco in neutral tow mode and then open the hood, close all doors, and wait five minutes for the vehicle to enter sleep mode. Then, locate the fuse box under the hood and remove the cover before taking out both 60-amp fuses – numbers 28 and 29. From there, owners can install the supplemental braking system on the vehicle following the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Taking the Bronco out of neutral tow model requires simply following these steps in reverse and reinstalling the fuses.

I can have my 2018 JK hitched and ready to move in less than a minute if I'm in a rush.

Safe travels'
Darrell

I have a modified 2 door Jeep JK Rubicon for off-road which I tow. Also have a Bronco for a daily driver. The intent was to set up the Bronco to tow 4 down but I just like driving the 6 speed manual JK better. I have a hard top, soft top, bikini top, full doors and half doors so it's more versatile and adaptive to what we do where we travel. I don't see any downside with towing a manual transmission Bronco, it's essentially the same prep/set up for a Jeep, and just as easy, it's just personal choice. The automatic is a bit of a PITA so I'd steer clear of that.

Latest resources

Back