Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 GMC Canyon AT4
Fulltimer
No
If you've never visited a Buc'ees you're missing one interesting stop. We have one about 15 miles from us and I usually fuel up there because the diesel is usually a few cents under the Open Roads fuel program plus I can use my credit card for a 5% discount. I've heard complaints about there not being any diesel only fueling islands but honestly, I've always had better luck fueling at one of over 100 pumps at Buc'ees than any truck stop and the pavement isn't covered with spilled fuel.

Buc'ees started in the early 80's just south of Houston in a small closed 7-11 convenience store. They are now up to almost 50 stores. There are multiple food choices, cheap fountain drinks, and a large bag of ice for less than $2.

Their claim to fame is the spotless restrooms. At least one employee is cleaning constantly 24/7 in each restroom.

If you've not been, check one out! And yes, they don't allow 18-wheelers and there are no overnight
stays at any store.

I haven't been to man y but I've yet to see one where I could park my 38 foot class A somewhere besides in front of a gas pump. I've also noticed other folks come in with various kinds of campers, circle the pot a couple of times, say "nope", and drive out. Not sure why their lots are designed to be anti-RV (and anti semi truck) but I guess they know what they are doing.

I haven't been to man y but I've yet to see one where I could park my 38 foot class A somewhere besides in front of a gas pump. I've also noticed other folks come in with various kinds of campers, circle the pot a couple of times, say "nope", and drive out. Not sure why their lots are designed to be anti-RV (and anti semi truck) but I guess they know what they are doing.
I have a 44 foot towing a pickup and I've never had a problem. I've always seen several motorhomes there at the same time.

big nope for us also, too much traffic, too little room to maneuver

Buc'ees is a family favorite fuel stop. It's important to note that all of their locations are not created equally. Some locations are convenience store size (Giddings, TX as an example) , while others are more or less medium sized like Bastrop, TX. Yet there are some locations that are VERY large (Madisonville, TX or 290@Hempstead), more truck stop sized.

In my 30' Class C, I wouldn't even attempt the Giddings or Bastrop store. A Madisonville sized location would make a great RV stop. The parking lot is so big that you could park on the back row and Laurence of Arabia wouldn't be able to find you.

All of them, no matter the size are almost always jam packed and busy. The stores are clean, well lit, and well staffed. My spouse loves the Buc'ees branded t-shirts. Definitely worth a try when you get a chance.

We've stopped at the Bastrop, Giddings stores when we go to Houston. The Bastrop store has an area for diesel and DEF.

The one I won't attempt in my 44 footer is in Luling, TX.

Yep, they are all busy but so is every Wally World, Sams, Costco, etc. Its a good way to hone your driving skills.

Crazy me, I've driven Smith St in downtown Houston to pick up someone at the Hyatt Regency.

I remember when I was in Austin for work (I work in the airlines) we had a rental car and a couple of hours until we had to be at the airport. My coworker suggested going to a gas station to hang out at for 30-45ish minutes until we had to leave. I thought the guy was nuts. Drove up to Buc'ees for the first time and couldn't believe there was a gas station like that.

Now when I travel if there's one on the way I make a point to stop in. I only wish there was one closer to home for me, it would make it so much easier filling up while towing the trailer.

We just returned to Pensacola from Texas and gassed up at three different Buc-ee’s over a week. None were difficult to drive in and we stopped in one after we fueled to eat.
We have a 34 ft Class A with a 8.5 x 16 box trailer.

You can’t beat the food at buc-ees. Best bbq sandwich ready to go. I wish we could overnight there but they don’t allow it.

The one in St. Augustine, on I-95 stays so busy, the parking lot has more traffic than a "Black Friday Sale" at Wally World!!
Note: It has dedicated islands on one end just for RV's, "Fiver's", Trailer's. etc and a parking area beside them!
Place is HUGE!!1
Oh, and to make the traffic more fun....there's a COSTCO across the street!:oops::rolleyes::cautious:

Latest resources

Back