• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Bucky II is hanging up the Key FOB

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
A time of transition. My New Aire arrived in its new home in Austin, TX. Transition complete. Still trying to digest the 4 year experience. I am glad I did it. And with the hot RV market the round trip expense for the 4 years was minimal.

What changed for us in recent years was the experience once we got "there". There are only so many places you can go with a 38,000 lb bus. And all of those places are now over run with more RV's than they can handle. Our experience this Summer was not good. Every RV park we visited was full with services oversubscribed and local towns swamped. We could not easily "roam at will" like we used to. Every day had to be planned with advanced reservations that were impossible to get in many locations when plans changed.
Glad you had some good times too. I understand the issues with summer travel. Luckily, we live in an area of moderate summer temperatures so we travel the least in the summer. After school starts in the fall, we take off, and do most of our adventuring in the next nine months. In the winter, we can just watch for good weather, and it is not too hard to get close by reservations for nice mid-week trips. Judy

Glad you had some good times too. I understand the issues with summer travel. Luckily, we live in an area of moderate summer temperatures so we travel the least in the summer. After school starts in the fall, we take off, and do most of our adventuring in the next nine months. In the winter, we can just watch for good weather, and it is not too hard to get close by reservations for nice mid-week trips. Judy
Actually our month long trip this year was late May through early June before the "Summer Season" started. Except for special Summer events we rarely moved about in July and August with the coach over our 4 years of ownership.

I began my RV experience 10 years ago "off grid" in EarthRoamers out West. Lithium batteries and more efficient solar is making that option much more attractive than 10 years ago. Just need the right equipment to get down those forest service roads.

Latest resources

Back