Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
😊👍

Hi @Jim

That's really a cool idea I had to order one. I have another shooting game I use around my log cabin. Every year I get attacked by Carpenter Bumble Bees. They drill perfect 1/4 in holes in my logs on the cabin. They go in there and lay their eggs for the young. Usually my only recourse is to try and swat them with a fly swatter or hire a professional to come spray the holes and the house at a hefty price tag.

Well they love to hover above the logs at the base of my back porch. These bees are a pretty good size probably bigger than a quarter in flight. Sooooo I got out my Ruger Super Single Six .22 revolver. I loaded it with .22 LR CCI capsule shot shells. What a blast, my range is about 5 or 6 feet. Now I am shooting out to the back yard and away from the house. But I have shot 13 of the fat little buggers so far. I make it sporting and shoot them in flight. When they make the mistake and hover, bang and they go down. I even experimented with .22 Mag CCI Capsule shot shells, but that obliterates them, poof they just disintegrate.

Now I can be a multi bug hunter from bumble bees to flys with my new salt gun. The hunt continues.

HH

Latest resources

Back