Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Buying glasses online (eyebuydirect)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm relatively new to the needing glasses world, not really sure what happened, don't want to talk about it :cry: but yeah, glasses.

I've had mixed luck with where to buy glasses and my last few have been from Costco which are fine. When I got my prescription updated recently I asked about buying online and they didn't really support buying progressives online but my computer (fixed prescription) would be fine. I looked at online glass makers and decided to give eyebuydirect a try and saw some good reviews. On top of that there are great coupons out there such as my Google Chrome browser extensions Honey and Retailmenot found.

I picked the frames, entered the prescription and ordered. They have a 14 day trial period where you can exchange them. Well, in both cases I did just that and was amazed at the customer service. The frames seemed too small. I paid the difference and one was around $5 and the other around $14 for the difference. They provided a label to send back the prior pair. The customer service via email is fast, quite impressive in fact.

I had a week of travel last week so the replacement wouldn't come until I returned so I asked to keep the original and they said fine. I actually got to liking the original so I emailed them could I pay for them and just keep them too. They said keep them, no charge! What??? Amazing yet again.

The fixed prescription glasses cost me around $50 after the 30% off coupon I found and the premium progressive (better for reading) was around $115. Both at Costco ran north of $200 each. I don't have eye insurance.

I am not affiliated in any way or getting anything from this post. I'm just spreading the word that this seems to be an outstanding way to get glasses for anyone that wears them. Checkout was easy entering the prescription. I got the PPD measurement from my eye doctor prior to leaving from the appointment.

Check them out, I'm absolutely impressed.

Eyes are the first things to go....Just wait until "the rest" catches up. Meanwhile, beef up on those supplements.

Neal you did good! My last two pairs were purchased from them, they are as you said amazing!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back