Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins ISL450
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Fulltimer
No
Just came across this alternative for self defense. It this legal in all states and has anyone had experience with one?

We have one. Very effective when you shoot it as the balls are hard as rock. Will it knock someone down? It depends. A full grown heavyset person with a heavy coat on maybe not. Neither certain caliber of handguns will either. The goal is to deter an assailant until LEO arrive. Inevitably there’s a difference in the outcome using one of these versus a hand gun. Byrna claims it’s legal in all states. It really comes down to what you are comfortable with.

Interesting. I was worried it wouldn't hit someone hard enough to deter them. Last thing I want to do is shoot someone and only piss them off. Sheridany what do you think? Will it deter an attacker? Heavy coat not withstanding............you know like on a regular spring/summer/fall kinda day or night? Or would it require a head shot?

I suggest going to their website and watching the videos. In my opinion I don’t think it would stop someone without using the loaded projectiles, especially if they were under the influence

@“EZ”
It really depends on the situation, the assailant and his attributes, the location etc. Under the right circumstances, it will certainly put someone on the ground temporarily. Hopefully long enough for leo to arrive. We keep ours in a kitchen drawer so it’s easily accessible versus having to retrieve a different self defense weapon out of a safe.

Website shows pepper balls to be pretty effective.

Popping this thread back up….I am looking at this too. Anyone had any thoughts since this thread was started?

I agree on using the pepper spray balls… I think that would really slow someone down. At least blind them for a time.

Thanks
Rich

Best non lethal self defense option out there. They recently added the pepper balls which would be very effective allowing you to get away or call 911 after tying up the bad guy.

Latest resources

Back