Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Suelinda1000

RVF Newbee
We are having trouble getting cable tv to work in our Newmar motorhome. We’ve checked the outside connections and this is our 3rd attempt at various parks. I should add that we are newbies. It does work on the antenna. Is there a switch we might have missed?
Sue

Welcome to RVForums @Suelinda1000. With your coach connected to the cable TV provider via coax the next thing you'll want to do is turn OFF the OTA antenna if it is powered on. This is done by the wall unit typically where you power your OTA antenna, make sure it's off. Now go to each TV and you'll need to go into the menu and then to the setting to choose the source between antenna and cable. Once that's done go to the channels area and you'll need to have the TV scan for channels. Here is an article that may assist further if needed:

Welcome to RVForums @Suelinda1000. With your coach connected to the cable TV provider via coax the next thing you'll want to do is turn OFF the OTA antenna if it is powered on. This is done by the wall unit typically where you power your OTA antenna, make sure it's off. Now go to each TV and you'll need to go into the menu and then to the setting to choose the source between antenna and cable. Once that's done go to the channels area and you'll need to have the TV scan for channels. Here is an article that may assist further if needed:

Thank you so much. You ended out frustrations.

Welcome to RVF @Suelinda1000; glad to have you here.

@Neal beat me to it and he gave you good advice. We were all "Newbies" at one time or another. Some of us were Newbies back in the "once upon a time" era. ;) And, we were not fortunate enough way back then to have a great online resource like RVF where we could ask questions and get solid answers.

Don't be shy; come back with questions whenever you want and we'll do our best to provide good answers.

TJ

Thanks for all the information. I was also having issues getting clear reception. Now I know what to look for.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back