Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Calling all automotive paint experts - opinion needed…

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So! Did you do a sniff test? You can tell new paint by the smell! Did they paint both doors?

If removing tape from the door did that! You have more to look forward to.

Chemicals!!! Don't you love em???
Did you ever have ceramic treatment done to your coach??? Did you let them know at the shop if you did???

Just so you know! With all the possible issues today, that didn't exist a few years ago, to be an expert, one would have to be a chemist!!!

Nuff said! I'm not an expert!!!

Looks great. Seeing those results, I may attempt that some day.

So! Did you do a sniff test? You can tell new paint by the smell! Did they paint both doors?

If removing tape from the door did that! You have more to look forward to.

Chemicals!!! Don't you love em???
Did you ever have ceramic treatment done to your coach??? Did you let them know at the shop if you did???

Just so you know! With all the possible issues today, that didn't exist a few years ago, to be an expert, one would have to be a chemist!!!

Nuff said! I'm not an expert!!!

Well they say they didn’t blend onto the rearward door. Maybe so. And if their tape did that it really isn’t on them because tape shouldn’t. And yes I’m going to repaint both doors and get it right. But they dug into my body work on the forward door and I’m going to have to re-do that too. It’s a mess. And no to ceramics or other contaminants but if they are telling the truth (I’ll go sniff it) then the rear door (which was new), must not have been prepped properly and I didn’t paint that one. Oh well. Going to a new paint shop next week and we’ll see what happens. At least it’s local.

The Rev service center (the shop in Coburg), to their credit, said that if I brought it back to their shop they’d fix it all NC. And I just might but the extra 1,000 miles round trip kind of reduces the attractiveness of that proposition. And if I were to actually learn from experience, better to have a local shop screw up than a distant one. Live and learn.

And yes, at this point, nuff said.

Last edited:
A lot of folks knew him when he ran a detailing business in Montana and the desert.
Whoa no. Arnie no longer does detailing in Polson? I know he goes to CA in winter, but Utah…. Is that a new thing?

I just texted Arnie and he is not in St. George anymore. More to come after I talk to him. Sorry for the misinformation.

I just texted Arnie and he is not in St. George anymore. More to come after I talk to him. Sorry for the misinformation.
Moving to the Sacramento area?

Latest resources

Back