RV Length
43 ft
Chassis
Roadmaster RR10S
Engine
Cummins 400 ISL
TOW/TOAD
2010 Ext. Cab Silverado 4x4
I left my Camelot at the truck repair place yesterday morning for oil and filter, trans oil and filter, put on 2 new belts I gave them, see why I have a generator crank but no start condition, and check the dash ac. Since I haven't heard from them yet I'm getting nervous about the size of the bill.
Now that I've typed it all out it does seem like a lot of work.

Still nervous.

Not a good Camelot day. For starters I got the title back and the know it all old hag at the dmv that gave me so much trouble managed to get Monaco Camalot on the title. Can't read, spell, or type and also sucks at public relations. Just a small aggravation I guess.

Went to the truck shop to see why I hadn't heard anything. I get "we had to see what filters the transmission took so we could order them, you've got your allison 1000's, 2000's,3000's. I was just getting ready to call about where they were at."

I said It's a 3000, I told you all that. I've got a printout of every filter and fluid that goes in that motorhome laying on the kitchen table. I was trying to explain that and other things about what I wanted done to your guy when I brought it in but he let me know you all were experts and my input wasn't needed. So you all really haven't done anything yet.

"No sir but we're right on it as soon as those filters arrive, we want to do it all at once"

I said Well you've got my number so how about giving me a call about progress every now and then. This was supposed to be 2 days, this is 3 days already.

-----------------------------------------------------

I'll do things different next time for sure.

Last edited:
They didn't listen to you, I'd go some where else to get service done.

Went up and checked on the Monaco and we have progress. Oil and filter changed, tranny fluid and filter changed, belts changed, generator fixed.

AC compressor is burned up. Told him to call me with the price for a new one (Pretty sure I've seen them at $250)

Check engine light traces to high fuel pressure, a bad fuel pressure regulator and they're trying to locate one, think they've found one.

Happy to read that it is going better.

They called me a few days ago.

AC compressor was $350 I think plus 2 hours labor. Told them to get on with it.
The stuck valve cause the high fuel pressure fault, the guy said the only one he found was $390 and he wasn't sure on labor.

I said Just proceed and thank you.

I'll sit on a pillow for awhile, I just want this thing home.

Went up and visited my Monaco today. Needed to see which side the trailer plug was on so I know which side to put it on my silverado.
It was outside so I went in and asked what's going on.

"It's done and they just have to figure out the bill"

I had taken wife to work (silverado in shop I'm trying to install the extremely aggravating ready brake) so I said I can't pick it up today anyway so I'll wait on your call tomorrow.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

Got a text, motorhome is done. Called and asked why they changed fuel filters as I had changed them right before I took it up there. They said Their mistake so they took that off the bill.
$3155.84
Oil and filter
Trans oil and filters
New belts
Grease
New air conditioning compressor
New fuel pressure valve
Generator repair

Now if it will just quit raining I'll go get it in a bit.

How much they charged me for the oil change will determine if I let them do it next year or not.

Yikes! Sounds expensive but if the work was done properly I guess it will all be worth it, right?
I had to have my steering box rebuilt. It cost me $2200. I almost flipped out. I would have done it myself but the stupid thing weighs 90 pounds. That's kinda hard to hold over your head as you try to align all the bolts that hold it in place.......

Latest resources

Back