Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
This thread can be used to ask questions about going to Freightliner Custom Chassis or post that you're going to see if anyone else here will be there at the same time.

I arrived in Gaffney, SC today (FCCC) for tomorrow's annual service. About a half dozen coaches here, not the typical setup. Things are very quiet. The office is locked but they let you in and take your temp and you fill out a health questionnaire. Then coordinate your service. Hoping to head north back home with possible CG stop over for the night to enjoy the coach before returning home.

Are you just there tomorrow; a one-day service? Will they also do your tire service?

TJ

Hopefully one day, that’s the plan. The recent head gasket replacement removed some of the annual items. Valve stem replacement is on the docket. Will let you know how that goes.

i sure we wish we had an equivalent of Camp FL out here on the Left Coast.

Had my service today, not many at the service center which isn't a surprise both from the pandemic and also with Mother's day Sunday. Had my 3 year service, valve stem issues resolved, and corner weights. I did not have to have the oil changed as my recent head gasket service end of Feb had that done. I was NOT charged the 30/15 sanitation we had heard about. They did arrive in masks/gloves, staff was masked and gloved in the lobby, they did spray/wipe down pre and post service. If they had charged me 30/15 (minutes) I would have called them on it wanting actual times as it was a 2-5 minute job at best. Glad there was no charge for it but so be it, we are in times where we all have to sacrifice. Excellent service as always from FL. They did not charge me for the valve stem replacement as they have known issues with the grommets and valve extensions getting damaged as a result. I have removed the heavier TST flow thru sensors and am now using the non flow thru version on these to prevent this issue in the future which I think the heavy sensor is to blame.

Just curious, about how much was the 4 corner weight?

@Neal just curious did you have a significant difference on the front steer axle side to side?

My numbers are:

Left Steer6590Right Steer6360
Left Drive8540Right Drive8660
Left Tag4090Right Tag4320

They recommended my pressures to be 105 front, 90 rears. I was using 100 front, 85 rears which is padded above chart values. I need to look up these values. Tech suggested higher pressure for better wear of the tires. Many opinions out there on tires, this is the 2nd time I've heard this theory, I may run with it.

Michelin 305/70R22.5 XRV (LRL)

Fuel full, overall coach unloaded weight, not on travel.

First time using tables in this forum'wave, very cool!

Latest resources

Back