• Commercial/Vendors welcome

FYI Camper vehicles have come a long way

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'm convinced that certain areas in the west were initially populated because the wagons broke down. Either no trees to make the wooden parts and/or lack of skill. By the time you met someone travelling east and sent to St. Louis for a wagon axle and wheel and it arrived a year or more later, you already built a dugout and had a farm planted.

I can buy into that posability. But do you have any proof that documents it???

I can buy into that posability. But do you have any proof that documents it???
Just stories past on from long ago, told to me by the old timers in my youth. I grew up in an area where the wagon trains crossed the prairie along the Goodnight trail. These stories were part of the tradition of the Panhandle. I've seen the dugouts and mud brick cabin ruins.

Pioneer spirit, square dancing lessons in school, working the farm, were all part of just about anyone's childhood. The ONLY radio station in town played both kinds of music...country and western. We got a rock station when I was in 4th grade and I remember a fiery sermon denouncing it. I saved up and bought a transistor radio from TG&Y so I could listen privately. It wasn't allowed in the parlor.

Just stories past on from long ago, told to me by the old timers in my youth. I grew up in an area where the wagon trains crossed the prairie along the Goodnight trail. These stories were part of the tradition of the Panhandle. I've seen the dugouts and mud brick cabin ruins.

Pioneer spirit, square dancing lessons in school, working the farm, were all part of just about anyone's childhood. The ONLY radio station in town played both kinds of music...country and western. We got a rock station when I was in 4th grade and I remember a fiery sermon denouncing it. I saved up and bought a transistor radio from TG&Y so I could listen privately. It wasn't allowed in the parlor.
Yah, and the Bible doesn't have any errors!

If you have been to the RV museum in Elkhart there are wagons representing the early camper. No doubt we would all be out on a wagon train west if we were there. Looking for an adventure.

If you have been to the RV museum in Elkhart there are wagons representing the early camper. No doubt we would all be out on a wagon train west if we were there. Looking for an adventure.
Speak for yourself!!! I'm to much of a city boy for that!!!

Latest resources

Back