Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
For authors of campground finder apps that may read this, here is a feature request. Presently I have to find campgrounds in the area I'm interested in, put in reservation data such as dates, my coach details, etc. and then see if there is availability. This is not how hotel or airline finders work, you put in your criteria and get a list of matches.

I suggest we put in our details then click and drag a box around the area we're interested in. Do a search and a list comes back with campground availability.

For authors of campground finder apps that may read this, here is a feature request. Presently I have to find campgrounds in the area I'm interested in, put in reservation data such as dates, my coach details, etc. and then see if there is availability. This is not how hotel or airline finders work, you put in your criteria and get a list of matches.

I suggest we put in our details then click and drag a box around the area we're interested in. Do a search and a list comes back with campground availability.
Wouldn't that be nice. But unrealistic. To many campgrounds use too many different booking programs, some still use a spreadsheet. A friend down the road uses post it notes. Seriously.

Just no way you would get everyone to subscribe so a standard that would allow the transfer of information needed to make your wish a reality.

It doesn't exist because there is no money in it, unless you can secure a state to use your software. Hotels and Airlines have way more supply/demand than a campground. On top of that, Wisconsin uses a certain software package, Illinois uses something different and same with Indiana, ect. ect.....

I was just at the Tampa RV show and there were several of the vendors at the show. What you describe is what I also relayed to them. They are actively working on this feature which I would love to see also.

It does exist, go here Arvie and pay a subscription fee of $15/month

RV Life won’t make the reservation (I don’t think) but it does come pretty close to identifying the parks within a given area. You can filter down to only specific “memberships” if you zoom in

Latest resources

Back