Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dan_Frisbie

RVF VIP
I copied this “as is” from a friend’s FB page.
Looks like a decent place and is pretty cheap.

Kelsey Wagner

7h ·
So, I need some help guys.
My husband bought an RV park back in November that is located about 7 miles south of Ponca City, Oklahoma and we rebranded it as Rivershire RV Resort & Camping. We closed the park down in February and cleaned everything up, and the park looks great! It’s right on the banks of the Salt Fork river off HWY 177, and there’s a beautiful grove of pecan trees that provide lots of shade. We re-opened the park in March, but unfortunately, in that time, we have only had one person book for a short stay. And I can’t understand why. It’s now mid-May and the park is completely empty. If we don’t get some contractors or weekend RV travelers this summer, we are going to have to sell the park. We have showers, septic, 30/50 amp electric, water, trash, laundry facilities, free WiFi and we have 18 RV spots that are available!
My husband is a Scoutmaster and loves camping. He’s also an Iraq war veteran. It’s always been his dream to create an outdoor oasis for people to enjoy and he has poured his heart and soul into this park.
My husband’s name is Jay Wagner. He’s too humble and shy to ask for help, so I’m asking for him. If you know anyone in the Ponca City area looking for a beautiful RV spot to stay in this summer for a long or short trip, please call him at 580-716-0788, or people can reserve a spot online at www.Rivershirervpark.com.
Edited to add:
Base Rates are:
$20/day
$140/wk
$500/mo
Tent camping is $10/night per tent.
We do allowing fishing and kayaking as well!

Sounds really nice. Getting the word out might help you put the business on track.

Looking at the website, it could use some work. A Gallery that shows a few of the sites would be a great start. Scenery around the park, people fishing, etc.

I copied this “as is” from a friend’s FB page.
Looks like a decent place and is pretty cheap.

Kelsey Wagner

7h ·
So, I need some help guys.
My husband bought an RV park back in November that is located about 7 miles south of Ponca City, Oklahoma and we rebranded it as Rivershire RV Resort & Camping. We closed the park down in February and cleaned everything up, and the park looks great! It’s right on the banks of the Salt Fork river off HWY 177, and there’s a beautiful grove of pecan trees that provide lots of shade. We re-opened the park in March, but unfortunately, in that time, we have only had one person book for a short stay. And I can’t understand why. It’s now mid-May and the park is completely empty. If we don’t get some contractors or weekend RV travelers this summer, we are going to have to sell the park. We have showers, septic, 30/50 amp electric, water, trash, laundry facilities, free WiFi and we have 18 RV spots that are available!
My husband is a Scoutmaster and loves camping. He’s also an Iraq war veteran. It’s always been his dream to create an outdoor oasis for people to enjoy and he has poured his heart and soul into this park.
My husband’s name is Jay Wagner. He’s too humble and shy to ask for help, so I’m asking for him. If you know anyone in the Ponca City area looking for a beautiful RV spot to stay in this summer for a long or short trip, please call him at 580-716-0788, or people can reserve a spot online at www.Rivershirervpark.com.
Edited to add:
Base Rates are:
$20/day
$140/wk
$500/mo
Tent camping is $10/night per tent.
We do allowing fishing and kayaking as well!
Many folks theses days use Park Reviews as a means of choosing their destinations.
I just checked and there is no listing for your park on Campgrounds.RVlife.com nor is it listed on tripadviser.com. It is listed on Campendium.com but no reviews showing. I see 31 "5 star" Google reviews........ummmmm but all listed TODAY. Just an FYI, that would turn me off very quickly.

You do need to get the word out and you do need REVIEWS but they must be honest. I would ask 29 of your friends to remove their Google reviews and wait for happy campers to complete some real ones.

List your Campground on every review site you can and hope for the best.

Darrell

May want to get hooked up with Passport America for a year or two. Go onto rvparky.com and list your CG. You just need to add it, not leave a review. Go to every rv park review site that you can find and make sure your place is on all the sites. Make sure the info is correct. Leave a notice that the park is under new ownership as well.

Oklahoma in the summer? No thanks, we don't feel the need to dodge tornados while on vacation.

1717533406135.png

Latest resources

Back