Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Spoiler alert - ebikes stolen. This couple apparently had this happen more than once. Sadly this happened to some members here as well. We all learned from it, be sure you do as well.

1) Cameras! I cannot recommend higher to have a dashcam on your RV and also toad. Get the kind that can run while parked so they are continuously running until a certain battery voltage is met and it will then shut down to avoid draining your battery.

2-channel (forward/rear cameras) for your TOAD:

1-channel for your RV (always on, forward looking)

Buy your SD cards separate, much cheaper this way

These are not hard to install but an auto installer for car stereos, etc. can do this for you if needed. I did my own, it was not as hard as I thought it would be. It was actually easy! YouTube is your friend!

2) Insurance. After what happened in AZ we all got ebike insurance. There are multiple carriers, I personally used velosurance.

More tips:

Hide them - cover your ebikes so no one knows you have them

Lock them, I use Kryptonite locks. These locks have different ratings that offer coverage if the lock is cut, the amount covered depends on this rating. Register your lock and pay the additional years of coverage as I did if you choose.

Use an alarm

The only things I have had stolen were taken by a FEMA contractor.

Sometime after Hurricane Irma the resort called me and said they were taking FEMA trailers in for a short time to help. If I wanted to change sites to get away from them I could. I said I'm 1200 miles away and my rv is here at home so don't worry about it. All I had there was a satellite dish, a hard sewer piped up, and a lot of pavers to expand my patio.

Nobody would stay in the FEMA trailers because they said the resort was too far from town so the contractor came and moved them out without anyone ever staying in them. Then I found out all my stuff was gone.

Neighbor said "Oh FEMA took all that stuff out of here when they left". I was seriously hot. They just completely striped my lot.

Latest resources

Back