Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
For those that hike what are you using for backpacks? Also, when you hike are you tent camping away from the RV for an overnight or always returning. I'm looking at backpacks for another use (plane + camping) but something like this seems pretty universal.

backpack.png

Keep an eye on size, a 65l pack gets heavy quick when full. 65l and 40l are what I have for backpacking and 65l would be big enough for weekend trips. If you are planning on checking in a backpack at the airport, there are tons of conveyors and machinery behind the scenes to snag all those loose ends and buckles. I would suggest keeping a large duffle bag to put it in when you do check it in as baggage so it doesn't get damaged.

I highly recommend going to an REI and be fitted for the backpack. They can load it and you will be able to tell which one works best for you. I thought I could handle a bigger pack and once they loaded it, I was falling backwards and I couldn't even go from a sitting position to standing. ? I have an Osprey 30 that I use for day hikes, but I found Gregory to have much more support when I had a 55I. Go try them out.

Latest resources

Back