Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Something nice while camping is finding a place outdoors to just chill. I've been researching hammocks and came across this one. I hate bugs which typically drives me back indoors. Here is one I'm looking at getting.

hammock.png

I have one similar. Its mandatory when backpacking in the forest. Its almost mandatory when just spending an hour in the forest.

The one you chose is bulky, but will be comfortable. As long as you aren't going to be hiking 10 miles with it, you should be very happy. I would get better straps and clips. Straps with lots of loops are very important, as you never know the spacing on the trees.

This is the one I bought that will stay in the plane and is better for hiking. The other one I got for the RV even though I also got hammocks with my RV but they are extremely bulky and I rarely use them. Trying something different for both RV and plane use.

I use a Jacks-R-Better Hammock. It's a true "lay flat" hammock that also has a bug screen. In the adventure motorcycle world its very popular. You're welcome to try mine out if you're interested.

One I almost got but decided for ultralight:

My two hammocks came. You can see one in the slide which is the one with the bug screen. The other one is for my plane, it's the hummingbird hammock. Amazed how small it stores. We'll see how it works someday! I'm no hummingbird so it may be entertaining!

hammock.JPG
hammock2.JPG

Latest resources

Back