• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Camping On Military Property

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
X2 on following their rules. My youngest BIL did his 20 years in the Army and retired. He has his CC permit and never leaves home without being armed, unless he is heading to his VA doctor or a military base to shop, then the gun stays home.

My VA Healthcare card is enroute. Yesterday I was with a buddy at the local Legion here in Florida and he said his believes that by having a VA Healthcare card you can camp at military sites just like military retirees. True/false? Or does it depend on if you are getting a certain percentage of disability?
A Vet. heatlh card you are granted base access @ 0%/100% service-connected disability A DEERS card is better. I have camped at many Famcamps @ 40% All you need is the VHIC card.

You can use your V.A. card to access a military base BUT you normally must first register it at Pass and I.D.

Every base requires you to check in upon entry. Some are at the gate some at another building. VHIC will get you in Commissary and Exchange.
True but bases require you to register your V.A. card prior to using it to access the base and use the BX/Commissary.

Just found this site. It lists all Bases that have campgrounds. Each bases policy for entrance is listed on there respective website.

Usually, If the veteran is service connected at 30% (I believe that's the number) and has the VA Id card, you can register at that base and gain access. Now, I will tell you, you might be subject to vehicle (including trailer) inspection.
U.S. Military Campgrounds and RV Parks - Home

Latest resources

Back