Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Just Us

RVF Newbee
Help 2015 Mountain Aire …black tank reading full (red light stays on) and can’t flush.. black tank is empty. jacks are not down bc of another issue. is there anyway to bypass the black tank sensor.

You need to find a controller (black box) for each toilet. i know I have one behind the pegboard but I'm not sure where yours may be. Cut the yellow wire. Some have installed a remote switch for when this happens.

Hopefully someone with your exact unit will be along to give you more help.

Good luck.

Help 2015 Mountain Aire …black tank reading full (red light stays on) and can’t flush.. black tank is empty. jacks are not down bc of another issue. is there anyway to bypass the black tank sensor.
Have SilverLeaf? I had this issue with my 2023 Newmar New Aire this summer. Before having the black tank sensor replaced, the dealer went into the SilverLeaf config screens, entered the special number to allow changes to the configs vs only viewing them, and then went to the screen to recalibrate the tanks. With an empty black tank, even with the level claiming 100%, they reset the tank by calibrating it as being empty. They tried this vs replacing my bad sensor under warranty...

This worked in terms of allowing the toilet to flush until I started filling the tank with waste water. Any increase would then peg it at 100% again, blocking the toilet from flushing again (the red light at the switch). I then used the same SilverLeaf unlock number and tank recalibration screens in the config to recalibrate to 0. I did this several times during the week.

Warning: When you hear that first gurgle or air bubble from the toilet STOP USING THE TOILET AND DUMP YOUR TANK IMMEDIATELY. Otherwise... Well I have heard it isn't pleasant...

Best,
-Mark

Pull the fuse for the water pump, this will allow you to flush.

There are a couple things that cause the red light.

In a compartment there should be a control board that has the yellow wire for 100% indicator and shutoff. If it is from the level indicator then pulling this wire from the control board will let the light go out and permit flushing.

There is also a fail safe float in the tank. If this is the reason then pulling the wire above will not matter. Not sure where the wiring from the float comes from as I’ve never had it stick.

Here is a pic of the control board. Yellow wire to pull is the solid one next to the orange right side top of the green circuit board.

image.jpg

Update I took yall advice found the yellow wire coming out the black box in the master bath under the sink cabinet and cut it … it flushes but the red light turned yellow… idc as long as it flushed

Half bath no black box under the cabinet.. went downstairs to cargo area looked for the similar yellow wire.. chased it down and unplugged it no cutting needed .. yellow light on but idc it flushed

Thanks jb

Update I took yall advice found the yellow wire coming out the black box in the master bath under the sink cabinet and cut it … it flushes but the red light turned yellow… idc as long as it flushed

Half bath no black box under the cabinet.. went downstairs to cargo area looked for the similar yellow wire.. chased it down and unplugged it no cutting needed .. yellow light on but idc it flushed

Thanks jb
Yellow light on means it is seeing the tank at 75% full.

At least you have a flushing toilet.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back