Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Can't believe FORD would let Four Winds use they chassis.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

turbodave

RVF Newbee
We bought a 2010 Four Winds 25c back in October 2020. We both retired last year, my wife and me :cool: . I have been a master mechanic, heavy truck and car for over 40 years. I can't believe that Ford would allow Four Winds to use their chassis. Quality control at its worse. I have spent about 25 hours repairing and rerouting the wiring (butt connectors and scotch locks throughout the system). Are all motorhome this bad?

We bought a 2010 Four Winds 25c back in October 2020. We both retired last year, my wife and me :cool: . I have been a master mechanic, heavy truck and car for over 40 years. I can't believe that Ford would allow Four Winds to use their chassis. Quality control at its worse. I have spent about 25 hours repairing and rerouting the wiring (butt connectors and scotch locks throughout the system). Are all motorhome this bad?
Yes, sadly they all are. I spent a fair amount of time (weeks) rewiring and replumbing my brand new 2019 Dutch star.

Redbaron is right lets see, reflection, coachman, thor, alegro, sports coach and five more I cant remember the name of are just a few in my family that have had to have constant repair. I now tell family members dont buy any rv unless you have your mechanic on duty and ready to start repairs. Im the only one left with a rv. I know exactly why I cant handle more than one. The new Thor coleman has had over 100 labor hours of repair so far. Now its leaking between the cab over and the top of the cab Ford E350 class C coleman 23cm forget the warranty dealer says just drop it off we will get to it. I will fix that too. I have a large invoice for Thor so far.

Latest resources

Back