• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Can't decide on best features...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The best way to describe the present situation is brain paralysis through analysis or brain constipation from over contemplation... been looking at RVs too long now and still can't decide what I want or need. At the moment I'm thinking lite; something bumper pull with toilet/bath, boondockable, and true four season as small as I can get away with. I looked at Oliver; impressive (and expensive) but more than I want to pull. Looked at Casita but a little cramped for my 6' 2" frame. I'm intrigued by some of the Aussie style caravans tow in like a box trailer but unfold into a camper. Some friends had a Hi/low years ago but not much luck finding that style now. Something I did like was was a modeler type box trailer toy hauler that the insides move around but these too seem to be single purpose. Any ideas?

Yes! Try this!

Quit looking!!!

Yes I said it right. Pay more attention to how you are living. What gives you joy in your presence living space, and make a must have list!

Then go back to your search looking only for what is on your list. This will give you the sweet spot in size and price range. It will also show you the tow vehicle required if pull trailer is that dream, or other options.

Just a suggestion!!!

If traveling is not your dream. Your favorite location may have a vacation home so cozy that that maybe the ticket!

Present tow vehicle is a Ram diesel 2500 4x4 but goal is a small but still functional camper with a bathroom. I camp in a tent, the wife needs more creature comforts. Initially I would use it more for my SCUBA weekends (she doesn't go) at area lakes but hope to get her interested in traveling with it. She likes to travel but hotels get old after a while. I want to go inexpensive at first; something second hand to see how it works out else I'll get one of the off road tent boxes. OK, I'm at the point I do like AC, and need a little more heat assist in winter than I used to. (Parks have hookups; generator/solar in boondocks). Past few dive trips, I tent camped but was a state park so had decent restrooms (although the park RR ergonomics had room for improvement.)

Oddly, just this weekend I ran across the most functionally modular toy hauler I've seen yet (on paper). Also ran across a "standard" bumper pull fiberglass that looks promising. Search is looking better.

Latest resources

Back