Newmar
RV Model
London Aire 4551
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Yukon Denali
Fulltimer
Yes
My new favorite thing and it won't be delivered until tomorrow. I was sitting in the car with the monster dogs at Newmar, as the pet lounge was full to the brim of sweet dogs. I thought the accessory button was off. 😬 Nope. So low battery and could not start the car. A Newmar Super C owner, John saved the day. He had one of these things and I was good to go. I have jumper cables, but this is so much easier. Get mine tomorrow. Ohhhh @Neal - do you have one of these? 😂

NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, Car Battery Booster Pack, Portable Power Bank Charger, and Jumper Cables for up to 8-Liter Gasoline and 6-Liter Diesel Engines Amazon.com

EDIT: Turns out John is an RVF Member. Thanks @GUS2000 for saving the day!

Last edited:
$200, OMG. I'll just stick with jumper cables, besides jumper cables are useful for lots of things.

Took wife to a nice restaurant, hostess stopped us on the way in, she says I can't get in without a tie. I said What kind of tie? She says Any kind of tie.
So I went out and grabbed my jumper cables out of the back of the truck, tie them around my neck and go back in, I say Is this ok? She says Yeah I'll let you in but don't go starting anything.

My new favorite thing and it won't be delivered until tomorrow. I was sitting in the car with the monster dogs at Newmar, as the pet lounge was full to the brim of sweet dogs. I thought the accessory button was off. 😬 Nope. So low battery and could not start the car. A Newmar Super C owner, John saved the day. He had one of these things and I was good to go. I have jumper cables, but this is so much easier. Get mine tomorrow. Ohhhh @Neal - do you have one of these? 😂

NOCO Boost HD GB70 2000 Amp 12-Volt UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter Box, Car Battery Booster Pack, Portable Power Bank Charger, and Jumper Cables for up to 8-Liter Gasoline and 6-Liter Diesel Engines Amazon.com
Yep, I have one, different vendor, but it stays in the plane. I used to carry a jump box in the car but as I recently got a new battery I didn't bring it along. It may be time for a new battery in your car. I replace mine every 4 years regardless as I don't want it to be telling me when it needs to be replaced. Same with chassis batteries in the coach. But this is what I have for the plane:

This is what I sometimes carry in the back of the toad. Regardless, all of the above are no good if you don't keep them charged.

We've been using and abusing a 2000 for almost three years and a bigger 4000 Noco booster for over a year at work and everyone agrees they are so far the best all around jump boxes we've ever seen in lifetime careers of working on cars. The one thing we don't know is how long they hold a charge "on the shelf" as the only rest ours get is on weekends. They are literally used every day and normally multiple times a day. Seriously good equipment.

Enabler! Now I need one.

Retrieving an ambulance from service I stopped for fuel across the street. After filling it with fuel it wouldn’t start. I called the mechanic who came over with a little box under his arm. I said, “Dude, this truck has 3 batteries, you’re going to jump it with THAT?” Where upon he hooked it up and the engine fired right up. I’m sold.

Just saw this thread. I needed onevatba recent truck stop. Not for myself but a young man nedded a jump in an area I could not easily get the MH. Then one of my frineds suggested I get one, considering the trouble I have been having with my batteries. This is on my wish list. I have one in my fruck at home.

I have the same battery pack and never used it to jump box but use it to power my 12 Volts outdoor lights. I purchase this string of lights a couple of years ago and use them a lot for outdoor lighting. I carry it in my Jeep Rubicon when out 4-wheeling.

Latest resources

Back