• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Carefree Slide Topper & Other Issues

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
What city is that close to Joe? Do they have a website?
Actually they do have a limited web site (classarvservice.com). They are located just outside of Avon Park Florida at the corner of US-27 and West County Line Road.

It certainly is not a fancy shop. They have way too many RVs sitting around their limited outside parking areas which makes it a challenge to get in and out of their building. I suspect the owners (man and wife) make a couple dollars renting storage to a few snow birds.

They had me come back into the service bay when they initially unwrapped my Stone Vos toppers. They hadn't installed any with that thick of material nor had they installed any where you had to thread your own cords. I actually ended up being in the shop for the whole 5 hour job. The two service techs were very nice and hard working. I helped them where I could but mainly just watched.

The quote was for $350 labor on the fws topper install and $100 each on the other two, making it $550 plus tax. That quote was still around $200 cheaper than what Talin RV was going to charge me. Class A RV Repair ended up charging me $446 for the install, apologized because it took so long, and thanked me for my help. I was truly shocked at their honesty and good will. Yesterday I dropped off a case of beer for the guys in the back as a way to say "thanks". You would have thought I had given them the winning lottery ticket!

Actually they do have a limited web site (classarvservice.com). They are located just outside of Avon Park Florida at the corner of US-27 and West County Line Road.

It certainly is not a fancy shop. They have way too many RVs sitting around their limited outside parking areas which makes it a challenge to get in and out of their building. I suspect the owners (man and wife) make a couple dollars renting storage to a few snow birds.

They had me come back into the service bay when they initially unwrapped my Stone Vos toppers. They hadn't installed any with that thick of material nor had they installed any where you had to thread your own cords. I actually ended up being in the shop for the whole 5 hour job. The two service techs were very nice and hard working. I helped them where I could but mainly just watched.

The quote was for $350 labor on the fws topper install and $100 each on the other two, making it $550 plus tax. That quote was still around $200 cheaper than what Talin RV was going to charge me. Class A RV Repair ended up charging me $446 for the install, apologized because it took so long, and thanked me for my help. I was truly shocked at their honesty and good will. Yesterday I dropped off a case of beer for the guys in the back as a way to say "thanks". You would have thought I had given them the winning lottery ticket!
Thanks for the update. I can't see where you noted how much you paid for the 3 toppers from Stone Vos? I'm trying to budget for the same work in the near future.

IMHO the Stone Vos toppers are worth the extra money. Of course you have to either self install or find a shop that you trust to get them on.

Just another side note on Talin RV, their sister company that does the installs in Brooksville Florida. I wrote reviews on google and a couple other sites reference my experience. I was very favorable to Stone Vos but not so much when rating Talin RV. After several days the owner responded to my review and I was even more disappointed with them. He lied about when I arrived and he lied about our agreed timetable for the install. I would suspect Stone Vos would distance themselves from Talin RV at some point in the future to protect their business reputation.

Visited Classic Coach in Ormond Beach yesterday to get some estimates. Thank you EZ for mentioning them.
Spoke with Alan and his dad about some modifications and a repair. Very nice facility and they both were very helpful. Great place. Now I am waiting to schedule a visit to get the work completed. Busy place.

Attachments

• IMG_5519.jpg
    IMG_5519.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_5520.jpg
    IMG_5520.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Visited Classic Coach in Ormond Beach yesterday to get some estimates. Thank you EZ for mentioning them.
Spoke with Andy and his dad about some modifications and a repair. Very nice facility and they both were very helpful. Great place. Now I am waiting to schedule a visit to get the work completed. Busy place.
Yeah they are covered up with work!!! Great folks to deal with though. :cool:

Latest resources

Back