RV Make
Jayco
RV Model
Hummingbird 17RB
RV Length
19'9"
Fulltimer
No
I have just purchased my first hard wall camper and am trying out all the controls prior to my first outing. My camper is a 2017 Jayco Hummingbird and has the light strip attached to the camper under the awning and I have the small controller but no"pigtail" ( I have searched Google and see that an attachment comes with a replacement unit). I have changed the battery but the lights are not responding to the commands. How do I get it to work?

Last edited:
I don't understand what you mean by "pigtail". If you have a switch it should be hardwired to the trailer. I would look in the fuse panel for a blown fuse.

There is a IR sensor that is connected to the color strip that you must aim the remote at to cause it to control the color changes. Yesterday while cleaning the awning I found the sensor but the controler still does not change the colors. I am still learning all the bells and whistles on this camper.

Ok, have you either changed the batteries or charged the remote?

Hm. I see that a replacement controller and pigtail are not very expensive. At least now I know what you meant by pigtail. Anyhow, I didn't find much for support with your problem other than this: "The remote uses an infrared signal to the control module. The top of the remote must be pointed at the infrared sensor on the control module." Have you located the sensor on the control module? Maybe these two links may be of some help, or you can try contacting Carefree of Colorado.
EXPLODED PARTS VIEW
CAREFREE LED LIGHTING SERVICE MANUAL

Thanks for your time and research. Still working on trying to make it work.

Latest resources

Back