Vision XL 31UL
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
Ford 7.3
TOW/TOAD
2017 Equinox
New 2024 Entegra vision XL 31UL. This is our first Motorhome. We are on our Maiden Voyage, When on Interstates steering appears loose when windy and passing vehicles. Like sway when I was towing our first Travel trailer back in the early 2000’s. When on 2 lane roads and not so windy not all that bad.
So My questions are do I need to get Alignment looked at? Should I upgrade steering Stabilizer to a Road Master Stabilizer or a Safe T Stabilizer. Reading reviews on both I found some better reviews on the Safe T because it is enclosed.

Your thoughts are well appreciated.

First thing I would do is have the fully loaded coach weighed, 4 corner if possible, at a Cat scale. Then adjust the tire pressure at each corner according to tire manufacturer specs. Even though yours is a 2024 have the allignment checked. Take it for another drive on the interstate to see if the steering has improved. Then you can decide on the Saf T plus. Another thing to consider is the speed you're travelling at. I get less drift at 65 than at 70.

New tires and an alignment did wonders for handling our 2012 class C.

First thing I would do is have the fully loaded coach weighed, 4 corner if possible, at a Cat scale. Then adjust the tire pressure at each corner according to tire manufacturer specs. Even though yours is a 2024 have the allignment checked. Take it for another drive on the interstate to see if the steering has improved. Then you can decide on the Saf T plus. Another thing to consider is the speed you're travelling at. I get less drift at 65 than at 70.
1. you cannot get a 4 corner weight at all, but just a handful of cat scales. 2. you absolutely do not have different tire pressures on each end of an axle.

On a 31' coach, I would definitely recommend installation of a "Saf-T-Plus" steering stabilizer. This will help the wander (left to right) of the front end, & the increase in resistance will stop the sawing back & forth on the steering wheel. As a suggestion, focus your "vision" 100'-200' forward down the road. This will help you reduce all the constant corrections, & will help the wander back & forth!
Weighing the coach on "Cat" scales will give you a front weight & rear weight. After getting weight then utilize the Michelin tire chart & adjust your tire pressures accordingly. Correct tire pressures will aide in ride quality, & handling (wander) characteristics!
A front end alignment could also help you.
Good Luck!
Allan

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back