RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
Yes I have one! It's a 7x16 with 6 ft hight. This size was chosen to accommodate the gold wing and tent trailer I had at the time. By the time I received it the season's plans (due to late delivery)had to either be canceled, or turn my tour into a motorcycle trek. So the summer turned into something I have never regretted, we had a wonderful motorcycle tour across the northern US.
But that would be a different post, but still important to this!!!

So what do you do with a new, perfectly good cargo trailer, when you no longer have the same plans???

Well, I spent 2 months finishing out the interior. You know! Cutting a hole/ access between the axles to hold 4 31 series 12v agms. 3000w inverter. Over 1000w of solar panels on the roof.
The front became kitchen cabinets, one side became a wall mount hinged bed/table. The other side, a entertainment center/ storage. The ramp style back door became a screen porch. All while still housing the wing and tent trailer.

So why this intro??? Well because nothing much was available about what I did, when I did it! But there were people making their conversations. The cargo trailer is a commercial trailer and built like one, so a good candidate for someone wanting forest camping capabilities.
Very much an RV, but no representation on these forums. I THINK THERE SHOULD BE A CONVERSION CLUB HERE. And so here is a launching post.

Just watched this YouTube video.

Latest resources

Back