Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

beach runner

RVF Newbee
Just want to share my experience with castle rock tires. My 30ft Puma weighs 6000lbs wet and my tires have single wheel load range of 2150lbs.
They are 205/75 -15" radial. I have pulled trailer's for 45 years and have a lot of experience with tire problems. I had a blow out last week on a 100 mile run
that put me on the shoulder of a major highway and damaged the floor of my trailer. I have changed plenty of flats and was prepared with the right tools.
I don't get stressed over having to fix a flat now and again but this tire was straight up tire failure as I checked the air before I left and was not overloaded. I had a good shoulder
to pull off and fix this flat. But I don't want to take a chance with the safety of my family by getting back on the road with tires that blow out for no reason and by the other reviews
posted on line obviously are not safe. Now I will have to at my expense replace all my tires just to feel comfortable getting back on the road. I also plan to put something like a hard inner
fender in the wheel well area to protect the floor of my trailer from blow outs or even rocks that can get thrown by your tires. My trailer has things like plumbing and electrical that could be
damaged in that area. I posted this in the hopes it can help someone else stay safe. Happy trails

Not much you can do about tire failure. A good suggestion are the TPS systems out there for future peace of mind.

Welcome!

Yeah, tires are a most talked about thing.

Mine had Castle Rock tires on it when I got it too. When I upgraded the suspension I found the belts broken in one tire so I wound up replacing all four. The two that seem to be the most favored are the Sailun and the Goodyear Endurance.

I had my castle rock tires blow out at 3000 miles and 18 months on a brand new 2020 trailer. All 4 tires belts shifted and 1 let go destroying my inner fender and floor. 1 has steel poking through and one has a bulge in the side. The 4th is all twisted when you look down the tread. I just replaced with Good year endurance based on web research. Tire warranty is replacement with more garbage and dealer won't help. Forest river told me not their problem. Wish there was someway to hold them accountable. Anyone have suggestions?

Unfortunately the way the manufacturer does things to cut cost it only replaces bad with bad. If I were a RV company there is no way I would place these tires on anything. In fact, I would just pony up the Goodyear and the cost reflected back into the price. Honestly, I doubt you would have one single buyer complain. We replaced the CR tires on our TT almost immediately after I got educated on these tires being very sketchy. In fact, I have all five on FB Marketplace for over half off the price you could buy them for and no one is interested. That tells you something! They would be good for maybe a utility trailer you use around the farm but otherwise, I would not use them.

Latest resources

Back