Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Chermoo

RVF Newbee
My husband wants to trade our older rv for a newer model...(anyone ever experience this ?),? but I have an issue with a all the bright led ceiling lights In the newer models. Our old rv is so warm and cozy feeling. Can you switch out those bulbs for warmer leds?

Welcome to RVForums @Chermoo. I hope all goes will in the transition to something new (to you). Depending on how many lights there are you could certainly do it but it's probably not needed. Such as in mine there are various combinations of what lights come on but each RV is different. You may get used to it and also appreciate the lack of heat they put off as opposed to the older ones which are heat generators.

Most new RV’s have dimmable lights...

Most LED lights come in bright white or warm white. Sounds like you like the warm white look. The brightness is rated on a scale. I think the warm white is about 4300 and the bright white is about 6500??? If you go to LED websites you'll see what I'm talking about. The IRV2 forum has a Vendor that specializes is RV LED light bulbs. Supposed to be good quality. You have to be careful when buying LEDs from Amazon etc. Not all LED lights are created equal!!

My husband wants to trade our older rv for a newer model...(anyone ever experience this ?),? but I have an issue with a all the bright led ceiling lights In the newer models. Our old rv is so warm and cozy feeling. Can you switch out those bulbs for warmer leds?
Yes. For many light fixtures in both homes and RVs, they just automatically put in the 5000 Kelvin temperature lights withiut giving any consideration to the lighting effect. They are very bright and extremely “whitish“. Just go shop at the lighting or lightbulbs store for bulbs in the 2700 - 3000 Kelvin temperature range. You will be happy.

Latest resources

Back