Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CaptainGizmo

RVF Expert
SoCal...relax, we're one of the good ones! ;-)
RV Year
RV Make
Newell
RV Model
2020P
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2017 Ford F-150 Raptor w/AF1 Braking
Fulltimer
No
Wow!!! I'm stunned at the difference in smoothness in our Newell's ride! The first set was installed with the new tires in the Steers, and drove home from Oklahoma. I can't believe how different the feel is; but I can say I found myself going faster than normal because of the smoother feel through the steering wheel!

Have had others tell me they’ve used them for years and swear by them. I've had about another dozen folks order them as well. I wished I had done this long ago. I had bad weights put in a few months ago, and wish I hadn't...but the shop didn't have the Centramatics.

If you go to their site, Centramatic Wheel Balancers, they have independent studies and tests to back some amazing claims for better mileage, longer tire life, less heat, and of course dampening vibration. Amazing stuff. I paid $250 a pair and just installed the dual and tags yesterday; can't wait for the next trip.

If ya don't know, these have a viscous fluid and weighted beads inside a ring that shift dynamically to provide full-time balancing throughout all conditions and the life of the tire! A simply ring that goes between the rim and hub...piece of cake!

I painted mine flat black to help them blend in a bit.

IMG_0248.jpeg
IMG_0254.jpeg
IMG_0033.jpeg

I've been running them since 2008 on every vehicle and trailer that supports them.

My trailer tires last longer, the RV ride is more comfortable, and the crazy wear patterns are gone.

I wish these would fit my JL Wrangler but alas, the offset of my wheels is too little to allow for the room.

I've been running them since 2008 on every vehicle and trailer that supports them.

My trailer tires last longer, the RV ride is more comfortable, and the crazy wear patterns are gone.

I wish these would fit my JL Wrangler but alas, the offset of my wheels is too little to allow for the room.
Great to hear, Ronnie!
I know what ya mean about the smaller tires. I've actually considered putting them on my Raptor. I was told bag weights don't work well with them though. Never seems like the Raptor stays in balance, and I just paid YET ANOTHER $60 to have all four balanced! argh

Great to hear, Ronnie!
I know what ya mean about the smaller tires. I've actually considered putting them on my Raptor. I was told bag weights don't work well with them though. Never seems like the Raptor stays in balance, and I just paid YET ANOTHER $60 to have all four balanced! argh
What I have found that works for my 37s and 40s is finding a road force elite balancer. Then i pay the guy to xtra to rotate the tire on the wheel for the first run to find the inside balance.

This has been very successful and generally costs $40 per tire to have it done this way. It takes about 30 min per tire unless they get lucky on the first attempt.

What I have found that works for my 37s and 40s is finding a road force elite balancer. Then i pay the guy to xtra to rotate the tire on the wheel for the first run to find the inside balance.

This has been very successful and generally costs $40 per tire to have it done this way. It takes about 30 min per tire unless they get lucky on the first attempt.
I remember RoadForce a few years ago when my performance shop first got their machine. I wasn't very impressed...at the time...given the much bigger expense.

My issue has always been how fast they get out of balance, being off-road and such...especially if the weights come off! :rolleyes:

I remember RoadForce a few years ago when my performance shop first got their machine. I wasn't very impressed...at the time...given the much bigger expense.

My issue has always been how fast they get out of balance, being off-road and such...especially if the weights come off! :rolleyes:
The elite machine is much different that the old road force.

I do a lot of off road and put 47k miles on my 37s after the balance and never lost a weight.

I rotate every 3k miles. It has worked for me so far.

The 40s have only 26k on them but are doing just as good.

I have a place in Columbus O. Buckeye Tire and service. They have the computer equipment to do the prorper mounting before balance. Just as much you and Captain enjoy the ride after with the centermatics, I had similar experience with the tires Buckeye mounted and balanced. Most Indy tansporters that go to Mid-Ohio or travel thru, stop at this place for tire works. Stan the owner has an older Prevost, so he apprciates the RV people.

We have used Centramatics in the past with good results. Our local truck chassis shop, JoeSam, sells a competitor brand Balance Masters which appear similar to Centramatic wheel balancers.

And experience with Balance Masters?

We have used Centramatics in the past with good results. Our local truck chassis shop, JoeSam, sells a competitor brand Balance Masters which appear similar to Centramatic wheel balancers.

And experience with Balance Masters?

Hey Joe. I’ve heard about Balance Masters and the only thing I can say is that my shop said they used to work better when they had mercury (or more) in them. They supposedly had to either limit or remove that due to toxicity.

Centramatic confirmed they’ve never used mercury and have never had to change their media.

My understanding is the Centramatics use metal beads and syn oil whereas MasterBalancers used a heavy 'metal' viscous fluid.
The CanyonStar Centramatics did make a swishing noise at low speed, seems to confirm the metal bead/oil material used in the balancer.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back