• Commercial/Vendors welcome

MOD Ceramic Window Tint

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We used Llumar branded tint. Also key to point out that on the house windows (double pane) you need to use architectural tint and not automotive tint.. You can use automotive tint only on the cockpit area windows since they are automotive glass.
Yes, the tinting I did was just in the cockpit area. The others were tinted from the factory.

@GUS2000 I really like this idea, When parked looking west in Florida in the winter the heat load through the windshield is pretty hi. I'm a bit confused by the photo vs the description in your initial post. Your initial post says clear windshield and darkest legal in cockpit. My confusion is in the photo it looks like the view out the windshield is the same as the driver side windows that have been tinted. ?? Also if you happen to have the specific Llumar product number you used that would be great. Thanks,

@GUS2000 I really like this idea, When parked looking west in Florida in the winter the heat load through the windshield is pretty hi. I'm a bit confused by the photo vs the description in your initial post. Your initial post says clear windshield and darkest legal in cockpit. My confusion is in the photo it looks like the view out the windshield is the same as the driver side windows that have been tinted. ?? Also if you happen to have the specific Llumar product number you used that would be great. Thanks,
iPhone is not the best at capturing that kind of detail, but there is a visible difference when you are sitting in the seat. the windshield and house windows are Llumar Air 80 (architectural) and the driver and passenger windows are Llumar IRX 25 (automotive)..

We used 3M ceramic film on the VW. It definitely cut down of heat from the sun. Planning on using it on the DSDP when able to schedule the Window Film Installer.

1703692233990.jpeg

Latest resources

Back