Forest River
RV Model
Salem FSX 270RTK-X
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2022 Ford Expedition Timberline
Fulltimer
Yes
We should have made the change from DirecTV to Dish years ago. All the issues we experienced as RVers changing locations to get local channels, the price increases, the customer service agents who barely spoke English, they were a horrible provider generally speaking.

When we made the move from our DP to a toy hauler it was time to try Dish. We purchased a Playmaker that came with the receiver and everything else needed. Pulled everything out of the box and followed the easy instructions. In about 20 minutes we were connected and on the phone with a Dish agent. About 10 minutes after that we were enjoying our new "Outdoor" programming package. Everything has worked perfectly for over a month so far.

With Dish you only have to enter the zip code of where you want your service on your phone app. Within 10 or 20 minutes your service is changed over to that location. With DirecTV we were to the point that we would only attempt to change our service maybe once or twice a year because it was such a huge ordeal to get it done. Our package is much cheaper also. We have almost 400 channels (several movie channels) and it is around $129 tax included. Our DirecTV package used to be over $160 a month for a lesser package with zero movie channels.

Very happy with DISH.

We are also making the switch with the new RV.

Last edited:
I switched at FPU, paid the stupid tax from making the wrong decision per my salesman recommendation but it's been well worth it. Changing locals is easy via the app as you mentioned, I have had to call customer service a few times as I've learned the system and that was always fast and a great experience. I've also enjoyed the option of stopping service (simply don't pay) and resume when either I'm not RVing or just not planning to watch SAT.

Highly recommend!

Latest resources

Back