Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
The time came, the wall clock needed its battery changed, I always wondered how/where. There are three screws holding it to the wall. Naturally a screw driver doesn't fit to get to the screws. Come to find out it's hanging from the top center of the back frame, the two side screws just hold it in place left/right. So you need to lift it up off the top screw then work it out from under the flanges of the cabinet screws, replace AA battery and remount.

Our clock is held by a couple of velcro tabs and hung on a screw head. Once the velcro is released by a slight tug, the clock lifts off the screw head.

Our Newmar wall clock is resting safely somewhere in Nappanee! We told Newmar to not install it when they built our coach.

TJ

Our clock was screw on top and Velcro on sides. Changed my battery a couple months ago.

The ugly clock is replaced with my wife’s calendar in our coach.

Thank goodness the New Aire doesn’t come with one...

Ours is held on with 3 screws. I found a 6" slim square bit that fits between the numbers to reach the screws. The only reason it's up there is the holes left if I take it down and they're too far apart to cover with a smaller clock. This is the only clock I actually use now...

712yvy6EIUL._SX425_.jpg

Last edited:
We happen to love the clock, on our Canyon Star we had to buy one.

Makita A-96908 Impactx #2 Square Recess 6″ Power Bit Makita A-96908 Impactx #2 Square Recess 6″ Power Bit - - Amazon.com

Mine took a long shafted S2 bit to loosen the screws. Once the clock is off the wall, you can lift the drive housing cover off to access the batteries and the adjustment dial.

Anything thicker than that extension won't go into the face numerals to reach the screws.

If it doesn't work...at least you'll have a nice s2 ext. driver. Seems like RVs are put together with thousands of these types of screws.

Our clock is held by a couple of velcro tabs and hung on a screw head. Once the velcro is released by a slight tug, the clock lifts off the screw head.
Same here. My Phaeton had a framed picture hanging on the wall, which I replaced with a clock. Hung it the exact same way as Joe's. Needed a clock much more than I needed a picture. :)

Attachments

• clock.JPG
    clock.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 18

Latest resources

Back