RV Make
Keystone
RV Model
Cougar 364BHL
RV Length
39’ 3”
Fulltimer
No
We will have a 39’ Cougar 5th wheel and are planning a trip from Georgia to Yellowstone. What does everyone think about the tires that come on the camper? Are these “china bombs” that bad? I do plan to have a TPMS. This will be our first big trip, and want to be sure the tires can make it. I hear people have used them without issues while others have blowouts almost instantly. If you stay within the speeds of the tires and watch pressures, will they be ok? Thanks ahead of time for your thoughts.

RV loaded right, Tire not older than 5 years, keeping the rig under 60mph you should not have any problems short of road gators and un-noticed sharp objects.

How old are your tires? If they are five years old or older then I would recommend replacement. I had one of the new tires on my fiver have the tread go sideways and the tire was less than a year old. Sailing or Goodyear seem to be the most popular. I have Goodyear Endurance on now.

The camper and tires are brand new. I actually don’t pick up the camper until late March. I hoping that if I keep up with pressures and stay at speeds, I’ll be ok. thanks for your input. I’ll have to check the date on the tires when I pick it up.

The camper and tires are brand new. I actually don’t pick up the camper until late March. I hoping that if I keep up with pressures and stay at speeds, I’ll be ok. thanks for your input. I’ll have to check the date on the tires when I pick it up.
Old stock because of backlog is not much of a problem today. They should be fairly new.

If you have concerns about the tires that will come on with your new RV, maybe you could contact the dealer/seller and find out what tires will be on It. If they aren’t what you want, ask if you can have a premium tire of your choice substituted. You would obviously have to pay the additional cost, but should get some credit for the OEM tires. That would likely be the cheapest way to get tires you have confidence in.

TJ

Latest resources

Back