Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

625hibiscus

RVF Regular
How do I change/clean the water filter in a 2021 Forester Classic (3051S) without flooding the cubby hole and making a huge mess? I am hooked up to city water (not using the onboard water tank), and realize I need to turn off the water supply before doing this, but how to drain the residual water in the pipes before removing the filter? Thanks much

I can't speak for your system, but on ours, once pressure is relieved (either on board or city water), just open a faucet inside to alleviate any residual pressure then unscrew and replace filter. A small amount of water will most likely come with it but it won't flood you. Good luck ?

How do I change/clean the water filter in a 2021 Forester Classic (3051S) without flooding the cubby hole and making a huge mess? I am hooked up to city water (not using the onboard water tank), and realize I need to turn off the water supply before doing this, but how to drain the residual water in the pipes before removing the filter? Thanks much
I have a 2020 3051S, I have a drain plug in that compartment. The low point drain lines are directly below that compartment, you'll find a red and blue line. The blue has a valve in the compartment with the filter, and the red line has a cap on the end of the line.

If there is a "low point" drain, turn off the city water, open a faucet to release the pressure, leave the faucet open, and then open the low point drain. You may still have a cup of water or less run out of the filter. A paper towel will soak this up.

Depending on the type of filter there may be a large handle to turn right on top of the filter. Turning that off you could change the cartridge without shutting the water off.

Latest resources

Back