RobinCMason

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Monaco
RV Model
Diplomat
RV Length
We recently purchased our first RV and are currently upgrading several things. One item is the flooring. We like the wood vinyl plank look but not sure what thickness and who we should have the work done by because of getting under the slides (3). The RV is in Manatee County on the south west coast of Florida. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated!

We recently had Classic Coach Works in Ormond Beach (just above Daytona) do all of our floors in our Holiday Rambler (made by Monaco). We are thrilled with the results. Call Alan Williams at 386-944-9716. His family owns the place. But first look at their website. They have a million pictures that will help you narrow down what you want before you go see them. www.classiccoachworks.com. Alan is great to work with. He let us take samples of flooring, ultra leather, and carpet into our coach so we could see how they would look. Our old off white carpet was looking rough and someone had put cheap wood laminate flooring in that was peeling up around the edges. Our captains chairs were white and starting to peel and they were not that comfortable so we had them completely rebuilt with closed cell foam and covered with ultra leather to match the grout lines in the new floors. The new luxury vinyl flooring is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. Here's a few pics of ours. When you call them tell Alan that Curtis and Crystal Smith recommended them. I'll be glad to answer any questions if you have any. Good luck!

Attachments

• IMG_1160.jpg
    IMG_1160.jpg
    873.3 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1333.jpg
    IMG_1333.jpg
    785.8 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1176.JPG
    IMG_1176.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1327.jpg
    IMG_1327.jpg
    503.7 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_1325.jpg
    IMG_1325.jpg
    451.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_1328.jpg
    IMG_1328.jpg
    438 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_1331.jpg
    IMG_1331.jpg
    543.4 KB · Views: 82
We recently had Classic Coach Works in Ormond Beach (just above Daytona) do all of our floors in our Holiday Rambler (made by Monaco). We are thrilled with the results. Call Alan Williams at 386-944-9716. His family owns the place. But first look at their website. They have a million pictures that will help you narrow down what you want before you go see them. www.classiccoachworks.com. Alan is great to work with. He let us take samples of flooring, ultra leather, and carpet into our coach so we could see how they would look. Our old off white carpet was looking rough and someone had put cheap wood laminate flooring in that was peeling up around the edges. Our captains chairs were white and starting to peel and they were not that comfortable so we had them completely rebuilt with closed cell foam and covered with ultra leather to match the grout lines in the new floors. The new luxury vinyl flooring is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE. Here's a few pics of ours. When you call them tell Alan that Curtis and Crystal Smith recommended them. I'll be glad to answer any questions if you have any. Good luck!
Hi EZ
is there a certain thickness for the vinyl flooring we need to worry about? We didn’t like the thin planks, is 7.5m too thick? Was your subfloor wood or metal? Thanks

Hi EZ
is there a certain thickness for the vinyl flooring we need to worry about? We didn’t like the thin planks, is 7.5m too thick? Was your subfloor wood or metal? Thanks
We originally wanted the shiny ceramic tile that the new coaches are getting but he said they crack too much and customers were not happy with it afterward. The have been using the luxury vinyl for about 12 years now and everyone loves it, including us! One thing we love about it so much is the "warmth" of the luxury vinyl compared to what the ceramic tile would have been. It's also softer to walk on. I don't know how thick these planks are but they are HEAVY!! You can tell they are excellent quality. They'll never peel or warp. Our floor was plywood so they glued the luxury vinyl down. We had to leave a thin strip of new luxury grade carpet along the drivers side because of how that slide operates. But the passenger side has the tile all the way to the edge. We also went with new carpet on the engine dog house in the rear bedroom. It adds a bit of noise reduction, and that's always a good thing. The only other place there is carpet is on the electric stair well cover. I had it carpeted so my wife's feet wouldn't be sitting on tile. The carpet is warmer and softer. We had the rest of the stairwell re-done with all luxury vinyl tile to match the rest of the coach. To me, that stairwell made the biggest impact. As soon as you open the door it looks like a brand new coach! If I can answer any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Latest resources

Back