Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Yipekia

RVF Newbee
Problem started with brake lights staying on all the time. Traced problem to Spartan chassis ECM. Replaced Spartan ECM module and brake light problem solved but no function of smart wheel ie. no horn, no wipers and no cruise control. Spartan sent 2nd replacement ECM module, thinking first might be bad. Installed 2nd ECM module with same results, brake lights function normal but no smart wheel function. Put original Spartan Chassis ECM back on coach and full smart wheel function restored but brake lights stay on all time (original problem). At present, Spartan has been of little help. We are traveling and waiting on parts is becoming an issue. It appears the ECM modules Spartan has shipped me are lacking Smart Wheel function but they assure me it is the ECM module my Vin number calls for. 2011 Coach on 2010 chassis. Has anyone else had a problem such as this?

Spartan finally acknowledged a different model ECM is needed for my chassis. Wired around original ECM with relay to control brake lights and back on road while Spartan locates/has manufactured correct ECM for this chassis. What a frustrating ordeal!

Latest resources

Back