• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Checking electrical connections

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Brings to mind a question. Would it be ok to use dielectric grease on all terminal type connections? I am thinking it is good protection.
If not, why? Always trying to learn!
And, if not, then what would be good to use as protection against moisture & rust?

Here is a video to explain the proper torque

The diagram is on the back of the cover of the Surge Guard. What type of torque wrench do you use for this? A heavy duty screw driver type makes sense for this application as there is not much room to maneuver, at least in this application.

Something like this? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VKG79D1/?tag=rvf01-20

Transfer Switch Checked the torque on the transfer switch in the RV. All nice and snug.
No photo description available.
No photo description available.
Image may contain: text

Comment

Would something like this work for you? On your regular torque wrench...

What @JoeHogan suggest is inch pounds, think what you are referring to using is probably foot pounds. Electrical connection in transfer/surge switches are critical and should be torqued to recommenced values so that they do not loosen and make a good connection.

Please read the above diagram, the torque is in inch pounds.
What @JoeHogan suggest is inch pounds, think what you are referring to using is probably foot pounds. Electrical connection in transfer/surge switches are critical and should be torqued to recommenced values so that they do not loosen and make a good connection.

@Akdare was asking about the 1/2 in drive set and would it work. I suspect 1/2 drive torque wrench he is wanting to use is foot pounds and will not work for application @JoeHogan refers too.

I have a issue where the outlet behind the fireplace is not working or getting power. All other outlets are receiving power. I checked the fuses and they are good. I checked the only GFI I can find and its not tripped. Any other suggestions anyone my have I can check? I sent it to the dealer to have looked at but they have had it for 1 month and haven't looked at it (poor service).

Latest resources

Back