• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Class a motorhomes

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Something with a good reputation, a floor plan that fits your lifestyle, a size consistent with your camping goals, driving ability and comfort, a price that doesn't incur much debt if any, enough power to comfortably tow a toad, logistically and financially feasible maintenance, and enough cargo carrying capacity to haul your “necessities”. Once you define all that you’ll have less to choose from so the decision will get easier.

I looked at RV Trader, Craigslist, etc for months before deciding what I thought that I wanted in an RV. Then the girlfriend and I took a weekend and made a motorcycle trip to all the RV dealers that were close by. We made a sort of mini-vacation out of it and meandered around about a 150 mile radius Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. As we looked at RVs, we also were paying attention to the dealerships and sales people. We decided on a local dealer that has a great reputation, is very knowledgeable, and convinced us that they would be with us as owners, not just buyers.
We talked with a salesman at leangth and he called us every time that he had something that fit our needs. We bought from him after about two months and a few different "maybes".
We couldn't be happier with our decision on getting the 2017 Georgetown.

A few more rambling thoughts on this:

I often think about downsizing eventually and when the time comes I will have to attend a few big RV shows to find out what will work for me. As much as I know about all types of RVs, I can’t really forecast what will work for me 5 years or so from now, and RV shows have about as much variety as you’ll find anywhere.

Even for the OP’s question about Class A coaches specifically, unless the parameters are already identified, a trip to a few shows would be helpful.

When I knew what I wanted in a Class A, I used saved searches on RVT.com and RVTrader.com. It was very helpful getting alerts as soon as an item that fit my criteria was listed.

Latest resources

Back