Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cat Le Roux

RVF Newbee
Hello everyone. We are a family of 4 looking at RV / motorhome which would be our firsts buy.
These two are the only ones I could find that have enough space for our family. Are there any suggestions or warnings as to which models are the best and what to look out for?
We have done extensive spec searches etc on both, but it would be good to get some pros and cons from other families and owners.

Welcome to the club. My wife and I really like our motorhome that has one full bathroom AND an additional half bath. Even with just us 2 most of the time, it really comes in handy. We sometimes have the grandkids along and would not want to be without that. Emptying is still the same with one black and one gray tank.
If you need a hand with financing options, let us know.
Thank you,
Ken

I know your post is kind of old but I was wondering what you decided? We were ready to buy a Thor Palazzo and ended up buying a Forest River Berkshire. I was surprised to see a post with someone debating the same issue. FYI we were only shopping the pre-owned market.

I had to make a choice between these two companies years ago, for a class C. I also chose Forest River and was very happy. I eas unrssy about Thor quality.

Beware, whatever you get will likely have a number of issues in the first few years.

Forest River right now is the worst......just saying. But Thor is a close second.

Check out the Forest River forum. Look for BClemens. I had an outstanding experience with FR.

I guess it depends on who heads up the individual model warranty Service.

Last I heard BClemens was over all QC.

BClemens now heads up the motorized division of FR overall.

We had a Dynamax on order and the supply chain pushed that outside our window.

Ended up with the Newmar Superstar and I’ll just relay what our inspector we hired said “you dodged a bullet by switching”. This was based on all the inspections they do. Just his thoughts.

We traded in a 2014 Forester that never gave us an issue in the five years we owned it. Couple new batteries, CO monitor, new tires but really trouble free. We did buy that used.

Latest resources

Back