Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Schaef

RVF Newbee
Hello all!!!! Thx for adding me. My name is Mike. I am mid fifties and will be traveling the country with the wife once Covid is under control. I have been looking at the Lance line of TT and the Entegra Class C. Anyone have any thing to say about either brand?

Did you know that nature is healthy for you? I am impressed with Lance, my last MH was a Winnebago Adventurer, been over 10 years last I used it. I just like trailers. You will find just as many if not more that just like MHs.

First you need to decide what you want, class C or TT. Then look at as many different floor plans finding the one that works best for you. Then look at brands you think standout in quality, price and customer service. This will get you something you will be happy with

First, welcome to RVF, @Schaef; glad you found your way here.

I usually don't differ with @NWIP because he's usually spot on, but I don't think you need to decide between a travel trailer and Class C just yet. First, I encourage you to make a list of general must-haves and desireables in a RV. Then, go look at some of both and compare what you find to the list. Floor plan should be one of the primary deciding factors. Find something with the layout that fits your needs.

Then, you can consider whether you want to tow a trailer or a small car in order to have local transportation when the RV is parked. When you get to this point, you will know which direction you want to go.

Good luck.

TJ

Welcome from Georgia!

One more thought. I tell people to give the life a year, read through the posts and you will see that. But there is more. I just got finished with an article on line that brought up the depreciation of an RV during it's first 5 years. If you look hard enough you can find charts on this important factor. It seems that RV type is more important than make in this arena. The author admits she likes their fifth, (one of the worst types for deprecation), she lists in her research that the lowly bumper pull has the best resale price / on the depreciation point of ownership.

I have not confirmed this little tid-bit but think it is a factor one should consider when moving into this life style having never tried it before.

Latest resources

Back