Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I have the glossy porcelain tiles and I wonder what everyone uses to clean your particular floors. I mainly use a Shark Steam Mop which works great but at times I'm not sure just water/steam is enough. I'll mix some Mr. Clean in water and spray that but wonder if any of you cleaning experts have a better idea of keeping tile floors like new?

shark-steam-mop.png

I use plain water and it cleans up beautifully - at times I use half white vinegar/half water. Vinegar is excellent in cleaning pet urine on rugs if you use a paper towel to soak it up, then pour vinegar, then blot up as much as you can with paper towels. The rug will not stain or smell if the urine isn’t sitting on the rug long enough to ruin the fibers. I have used this with my kids when little if they wet the bed - also used for vomit, diarrhea, and spilt milk. It is a wonder cleaner. Also the best glass cleanerl - won’t streak!

I have the glossy porcelain tiles and I wonder what everyone uses to clean your particular floors. I mainly use a Shark Steam Mop which works great but at times I'm not sure just water/steam is enough. I'll mix some Mr. Clean in water and spray that but wonder if any of you cleaning experts have a better idea of keeping tile floors like new?

View attachment 411
This is our go to unit. We also have the glossy floors and have never needed to use anything else. But, then again, we don’t have a new golden lab puppy??

Neal you are good at introducing new topics. Thanks. I have the vinyl floors in the MH, but on all floors I have used a dilute solution of Pine Sol in water. It cleans and disinfects.

Steamer for us as well

Where have I been...all this time I could have been steam cleaning my floors?! Thanks @Neal for bringing this topic up. I have the King Aire planked tile floors in the lightest color and cleaning the grout has been my nemesis. I bought the Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner. It has lots of attachments...I can do windows, floors, grout, oven. etc. I used it for the first time today and yowzers, I am impressed. It is amazing and my grout looks fabulous. We are definitely living in surreal times when my excitement and joy stems from cleaning my floors and grout. Can't wait to do the bathroom. ?

Last edited:
@ARD glad you found something that works. Have a link to share for others to check out what you got?

swiffer damp mop followed by the shark. wishing I'd opted for the King Aire floor like ARD

Latest resources

Back