RV Model
Bullet 290BHS
RV Length
33'
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn with 5.7l Hemi
Fulltimer
No
I need some advise and I hope this is the right thread to post it. Looking at several different Travel Trailers, smooth side and Corrigated siding (not sure if that's the proper name). It appears s that the smooth side would be easier to keep clean by washing and waxing. How and can you wax the Corrigated sides? Would I have to hand wax or can I use a machine? Seeing alot of these styles with black streakes down the sides is what has prompted this.

Thanks in advance
Mike

Flat siding is definitely easier to wax. I have an older Alpenlite 5th wheel that has the corrugated fiberglass siding. I wish it was flat, but it is what it is. I don't wax it. Instead, every few years I put a coat or two of Poli Glow on it. If you're not familiar with it, it's a liquid that you sponge on. If the surface is badly oxidized you need to do some minor prep work first and it can take up to 6 coats or so before it looks good. If one was to do this yearly you'd only need one coat, or two at the most, and minimal, if any, prep work, other than washing it first. It's not cheap, but considering it is only needed sporadically the cost over time isn't too bad, and it really puts an incredible shine on the surface.

Having said that, wax like Meguiar's spray wax is so much easier to apply today than years ago when you had to wipe a paste wax on and then buff, buff, buff, buff until you're arm's ready to fall off. Just spray it on, spread it around with a clean micro-fiber towel, then use a different one to buff it out (takes literally seconds). Even with corrugated siding, I don't think that would be too bad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back